On Thursday 6th May, local elections will take place across Buckinghamshire.
That means, in just over 3 months’ time, you will have the chance to vote on who you want to run the local services we all rely on, from repairing potholes and emptying bins to providing adult social care.
The last year has presented extraordinary challenges for us all. Since last April, your Conservative-run Buckinghamshire and Beaconsfield Town Council have:
- Kept essential services running as usual
- Supported local businesses with millions of pounds of grants
- Rolled out a £28 million road resurfacing programme
- Virtually eliminated rough sleeping in Bucks
- Maintained one of the highest recycling rates in the country
- Enforced a zero-tolerance policy on fly-tipping
With vaccines being rolled out, we’re looking to the future with plans to invest in our communities and ensure a strong post-Covid economic recovery, as well as lobbying government on everything from council funding to protecting our green spaces.
Your support in May’s Buckinghamshire Council elections will be crucial to secure this continued work.
With a postal vote, your ballot will arrive at your home ahead of election day. If that would be more convenient for you (or would prefer not to visit a polling station) a postal vote will allow you to have your say.
To ensure that your voice is heard, apply for a postal vote today.
Anita Cranmer, Jackson Ng, Alastair Pike
Buckinghamshire Council Conservative Candidates for Beaconsfield